A: GITAM School of International Business (GSIB), was established in 1997, by the name GITAM Institute of Foreign Trade (GIFT), GSIB is a part of the premier educational enclave of Gandhi Institute of Technology and Management (GITAM), which is declared as deemed to be University by UGC.
A: GITAM was founded in 1980 by Dr. M.V.V.S. Murthi, a respected Parliamentarian and Philanthrophist. It was declared a Deemed to be University on 14th August, 2007, under section 3 of UGC Act 1956, by a joint committee comprising of UGC, MHRD, and AICTE. Today the GITAM University has the following Institutes and School:
GITAM Institute of Technology
GITAM Institute of Management
GITAM Institute of Science
GITAM School of International Business
GITAM Institute of Pharmacy
GITAM School Architecture
GITAM School of Law
GITAM Institute of Medical Science & Research
These Institutions are located on a sprawling 100 acre campus that overlooks the majestic Bay of Bengal. Set amidst verdant surroundings, resplendent with natural beauty, flanked by the majestic Rushikonda Hills, Visakhapatnam campus presents a picture-perfect setting for scholastic pursuits.
A: a) GSIB offers three, two-year full time programmes, vis.,
- MBA(International Business),
- MBA(International Banking & Finance),
- MBA(Global Logistics & Supply Chain Management).
b) GSIB offers one year Post Graduate Diploma in Business Analytics which is supported and co-branded with IBM.
4. Is it compulsory to stay in the hostel and what are the charges that the student will have to meet for staying in the hostel?
A: No It not Compulsory but it is recommended for all to stay in the hostel. Rent Free hostel accommodation is provided within the University Campus. However, expenses for mess, maintenance & other overheads will have to be borne by the students. These expenses are in addition to the Programme fee.
A: On successful completion of the MBA Programme, the student would be awarded MBA Degree of GITAM University. Those admitted to Post Graduate Diploma in Business Analytics (PGDBA) will receive Post Graduate Diploma in Business Analytics from GITAM University along with a certificate from IBM on successful completion of the programme.
A: University Grants Commission (UGC), MHRD, New Delhi granted independent recognition to GITAM School of International Business under GITAM ambit, and all the programmes offered by the School have the approval of UGC.
A: Please refer to our GSIB Information Brochure, pages 15-19 for MBA course and pages 20-21 for PGDBA course. You can view the complete details at the below link
A: Only a University, established by an act of Parliament, State Legislature or UGC Act is entitled to offer an MBA Programme, and award MBA Degree. All other Institutes approved by AICTE can only offer a Diploma program, and award a PGDM. As far as placement is concerned, it depends on the value the student creates for himself during the two year programme, the faculty, and brand value of the institute. The value of the programme depends upon how relevant it is as per the needs of the industry and demand for it, and the scholarship shown in the design and delivery of the programme.
A: 120-MBA (IB), 30-MBA(IBF), and 30 MBA (GLSCM,) are the approved intakes for the ensuing batch. In case of Post Graduate Diploma in Business Analytics (PGDBA), intake is limited to 30.
A : MBA (IB) is an MBA “Plus” . It is a Programme which prepares the future Management Professional with a global mindset to effectively operate in an International Business arena. Curriculum-wise it includes a minimum of 12 to 15 unique courses focused on International Business, Today, when we are working in a global village, it is imperative that Management Professionals should have a globally integrated mindset to operate. It is the mindset that is cultivated in the MBA Programmes in GSIB.
11. What is the difference between programmes offered by GSIB and programmes offered by other institutes of Management under GITAM?
A. There are four Institutions offering MBA Programmes in GITAM University: GITAM School of International Business (GSIB), GITAM Institute of Management (GIM) and Hyderabad Business School (HBS), Bengaluru School of Mangement Studies, Bengaluru. GIM HBS and Bengaluru School Of Management Studies offer MBA Programmes in General Management. GITAM School of International Business offers MBA Programmes in International Business . There are four Programmes that GSIB offer : MBA (International Business), MBA (International Banking & Finance) MBA (Global Logistics & Supply Chain Management) and one year Post Graduate Diploma in Business Analytics (PGDBA) co-branded with IBM.
GITAM School of International Business has evolved differently from other Institutions in GITAM University over a period of time. GSIB has started as an autonomous Institution operating at the national level in the year 1997 as GITAM Institute of Foreign Trade (GIFT). Subsequently it is rechristened as “GITAM School of International Business”(GSIB) when GITAM is declared as deemed University.
GITAM School of International Business and its Programmes have the approval of a Joint Committee of UGC and AICTE. GSIB is an autonomous School of Excellence in GITAM University. It is the 2nd best School offering Programmes in International Business. The Programmes are innovatively designed and offered by faculty drawn from in-house, industry and other B-Schools from India and Abroad. The School attracts students from nearly 20-22 states and the academic ambiance in the School is multi-cultural and one of the excellent B-Schools to pursue MBA Program in International Business. Over a period of nineteen years, the School has demonstrated its academic leadership in International Business and is known for the same throughout India and outside India.
A : Historically, each batch consists of students from around 20-22 states in India representing almost all geographic regions, comprising diverse scholastic backgrounds such as engineering, agriculture, commerce, arts, pharmacy, and computer science.
A: Historically the average ratio of boys to girls has been 60:40 in this programme.
A: GSIB has been placing 100% of the eligible students since 2004. In the year 2016, the max. CTC was Rs.11.45 lakhs, and the average CTC was Rs.7.20 lakhs. For a more detailed account of the placement scenario, in terms of sectors, profiles, geographic spread etc., please visit our website’s home page and reach Placements. Placement however, depends on the innate abilities of students and their performance in the Prgramme to bag the best offer.
A: The applicant
a. should be a graduate from any discipline from a recognized university, with a
minimum of Second Class or equivalent grade in graduation, after a formal full time 10+2 education, AND
b.should have taken any of CAT’16 / XAT’17/ MAT-Sep’16, Dec’16,Feb’17/
Latest GMAT / GET’17 tests.
A: It is the Admission Test of GSIB, for admission into its MBA programmes It is organized at various centres across the country. It is an objective test similar to CAT/XAT/GMAT etc.
A: Those who could not take any of CAT/XAT/MAT/GMAT tests and also those who could not score well in the above referred tests. It is an opportunity to improve your written test score, to brighten your chances to get shortlisted for GD & PI.
A: Those who seek admission to one year Post Graduate Diploma in Business Analytics shall have to take Business Analytics Entrance Test (BET), which is different from GET meant for admission for MBA Programmes. The students in BET are examined on their potential in quantitative mindset that is important for Business Analytics programme.
A: Yes. One can apply with more than one test score, to improve his/her chances of getting shortlisted for GD & PI, since GSIB considers the best of test scores.
A: The cut-off percentile varies from year to year, depending on the performance of applicants in that year. Hence it would be difficult to state a cut-off percentile or percentage.
A: Yes. He/she can apply with his/her marks sheets of the completed years of his/her degree course, BUT SHOULD BE IN A POSITION TO SUBMIT THE PROVISIONAL DEGREE CERTIFICATE BY THE END OF SEPT’ 2017, AND OFCOURSE MUST HAVE SECURED SECOND CALSS or EQUIVALENT IN GRADUATION.
22. What happens if one is selected and could not get Second Class or Equivalent grade or could not submit the provisional degree certificate by the end of Sept'17?
A: Since he/she would be given a provisional admission the admission would stand cancelled and he/she shall be forfeiting the fee already paid.
A: Yes. They have to apply with any of the test scores mentioned above and would have to pass through the same admission procedure. For NRI & Foreign Nationals the admission fee will be US $150.
A: No. Even a fresh graduate can apply and pursue MBA Programmes. However GSIB gives weightage for the candidates with work experience in the selection process.
A: GSIB administers a rigorous admission procedure. It is taken up in the following
(1) The applicants are shortlisted on the basis of their best test score (since candidates can apply with more than one test score) for GD & PI.
(2) GD & PI: The shortlisted candidates will undergo GD & PI process.
Each Shortlisted applicant is sent a call letter by courier/post, email and SMS well in advance to attend for GD & PI. Also the schedule of GD & PI. With the allocation of candidates to various centres with date, venue and time slot.
(3) FINAL TABULATION & PROVISIONAL ADMISSION: The final tabulation for the merit list of the applicants is done on the basis of the aggregate of their scoring in the written test with the best score, Group Discussion & Personal Interview.
Each selected applicant is sent a call letter by courier/post, e-mail, SMS well in advance to reserve his/her seat by paying a commitment fee. Also the list of applicants selected for provisional admission and the schedule of counseling with the allocation of candidates, date, venue and time slot, will be posted in our website.
(4) PAYMENT OF COMMITMENT FEE: The candidates are requested to reserve their admission by paying a commitment fee. It is an amount that each candidate, selected for provisional admission, has to pay as a token of his/her interested to accept admission into our Programme. Through his payment the candidate reserve a seat in Programme. This fee will be adjusted towards the first installment fee.
For the 2017-19 batch, the commitment fee is Rs.50,000/-
On payment of the commitment fee each candidate will be given an admission material pack, the would contain the details of all the documents required for the registration, the schedule of payment of tuition fee and other fees, the documents required for applying for an education loan, etc.
5. PAYMENT OF BALANCE OF I INSTALMENT FEE: The candidate who pays the commitment fee will be given a date to pay the balance of first installment fee.
6. REGISTRATION & FINAL ADMISSION: The admission process is completed on the Registration Date, wherein all the relevant certificates, in original, of the selected candidates are verified, and they will be declared to be finally admitted. The regular class work commences the following day after the registration.
A: GSIB administers a rigorous admission procedure. It is taken up in the following stages :
- All applicants are sent a call letter by courier/post, email and SMS well in advance to attend for BET, GD & PI. Along with the allocation of candidates to various centres with date, venue and time slot.
- FINAL TABULATION & PROVISIONAL ADMISSION: The final tabulation for the merit list of the applicants is done on the basis of the aggregate of their scoring in all the test with the best score, Group Discussion & Personal Interview.
- Each selected applicant is sent a call letter by courier/post, e-mail, SMS well in advance to reserve his/her seat by paying a commitment fee. Also the list of applicants selected for provisional admission and the schedule of counseling with the allocation of candidates, date, venue and time slot, will be posted in our website.
- PAYMENT OF I INSTALMENT FEE: The selected candidates will be given a date to pay the first installment fee.
- REGISTRATION & FINAL ADMISSION: The admission process is completed on the Registration Date, wherein all the relevant certificates, in original, of the selected candidates are verified, and they will be declared to be finally admitted. The regular class work commences the following day after the registration
A: No special preference is given to graduates with technical or professional qualifications. Graduates from any discipline who has the potential to pursue MBA Programme will be considered.
28. Can one withdraw his/her admission after payment of the commitment fee? In such a case will his/her commitment fee be refunded?
A: Yes. One can withdraw his/her admission after one pays the commitment fee. His/her commitment fee will be returned as per the norms of the University.
29. What are the norms for refund of commitment and first installment fee on withdrawal of a candidate after admission?
A: If the candidate withdraws before the date of registration and commencement of class work, whatever fee he/she has paid will be refunded by deducting Rs.1000/- towards processing charges. If the candidate withdraws after registration and commencement of class work, but before the closure of admissions, whatever fee he/she has paid will be refunded by deducting – the cost of course material, Rs.1000/- towards processing charges, and proportionate tuition fee, for the classes he/she has attended. If one withdraws after the closure of admissions, no refund of money paid will be made.
A.a. One can obtain and submit application “online” through this link http://gsib.org/apply-online/
b. One can purchase the brochure-cum-application form in PERSON by paying
at GSIB, Visakhapatnam.
c. One can DOWNLOAD the application form from our website www.gsib.org, and send it duly filled in with a DD for Rs.1000/- in favour of “GITAM School of International Business”, payable at Visakhapatnam, and GSIB will send you the brochure by post. Candidates can register for GET by filling in the application titled APP-GET in the same set of applications which are downloaded and paying an additional fee of Rs.500/- by DD and send by post along with the application (APP-MBA). The test will be held on a pre- decided date.
A: Online application submission facility in provided through our website
32. If one would like to apply with more than one of the prescribed test scores. should he/she apply in different application forms?
A: No. He/she can apply with all the test scores in only one application form. GSIB’s admission application format has a provision to record all the test scores and registration numbers.
33. What is the postal address of GSIB to which one should correspond for purchasing the brochure and to send the filled in application forms?
A : Chairperson – Admissions , GITAM School of International Business , GITAM University, Gandhi Nagar Campus, Rushikonda, Visakhapatnam – 530045. Ph: 0891- 2840400/2840413, Fax: 0891-2790036.
A: The application format is designed in self explanatory mode for easy filling up. The following are the required enclosures to be submitted along with filled in application
a. Photocopy of 10th Class Pass and Mark Sheet (as a proof for Date of Birth)
b. Photocopy of 12 / Intermediate Pass and Mark Sheet
c. Photocopies of Degree Marks Sheet, and provisional certificate (as a proof for
Second Class or Equivalent grade)
d. Photocopy/ies of valid CAT/XAT/MAT/ C-MAT Admit Cards/Score Cards, or Valid GMAT Score Card.
e. DD for Rs.1000/- (ONLY IN CASE OF DOWNLOADED APPLICATION), or
GSIB Receipt / Challan for obtaining the Brochure-cum-application.
PLEASE NOTE THAT YOU DO NOT HAVE TO ENCLOSE ANY CERTIFICATES IN ORIGINAL. ALSO NOTE THAT IN COMPLETE APPLICATIONS AND APPLICATIONS WITHOUT ALL THE NECESSARY ENCLOSURES WILL BE AUTOMATICALLY REJECTED WITHOUT REFUND OF FEE.
A: Yes. Each applicant will receive an acknowledgement with a REGISTRATION NUMBER, which is to be referred to in all future correspondence.
A: a)The fee for MBA (IB/IBF/GLSCM) 2017-19 batch is Rs.7.5 lakhs, which is payable in four installments
b) The fee for PGDBA 2017-18 batch is Rs.3.00 lakhs, which is payable in three installments
A. The fee includes tuition fee, special fee, course materials, cases, wi-fi internet service, participation in management professional development programme, campus to corporate training programme and SAP training Programme, IBM certified Business Analytics Programme, and Seminars, workshops and School festivals.
39. Can one obtain an education loan to pursue the Programme? Whether GSIB has any alliance with any bank to arrange for the same?
A: Yes. One can obtain education loan from any of the public or private commercial banks for the Programme. GSIB assists with a recommendatory letter and the estimated cost of the Programme to obtain the loan. Students seeking admission at GSIB are favorably considered by a number of banks as the Programmes of GSIB are recognized by a joint committee of AICTE and UGC.